Do you walk, run, or bike?
I am so excited about my recent find! And I know you will be, too.
Along the same concept behind Zumba’s Great Calorie Drive, I found something that we can do to improve our fitness and give back at the same time!
First, before I continue, please go to the App store on your phone and download the App called, “Charity Miles” (it’s FREE!)
Yes, charities are able to cash in on your exercise!
Talk about a win-win!
When you walk, run, or bike (since I just found this, I’m not sure if you would be able to count your steps at Zumba as walking), you can log into your app and choose a charity of your choice to donate to! (If Zumba doesn’t count, I hope that many of us will start to think about places we can walk to – like Zumba – or add more walking, running, and biking into our fitness routines – especially as summer is around the corner!)
The charities you can choose from are:
- Stand Up to Cancer (standup2cancer.org)
- Achilles International
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation (Parkinson’s Research)
- Red (to benefit The Global Fund)
- WFP (World Food Programme)
- The Nature Conservancy (nature.org)
- ASPCA (aspca.org)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (fighting blood cancers)
- Partnership for a Healthier America
- Pencils of Promise
- girlup (United Nations Foundation)
- Shot @ Life (United Nations Foundation)
- NothingButNets.net (United Nations Foundation)
- Ironman Foundation
- Vision Spring
- Feeding America
- Autism Speaks
- Wounded Warrior Project
How does it work:
- Download the free app: Charity Miles
- Select the new app on your phone
- Select a charity
- (WE MIGHT HAVE A TEAM FOR MCHALIE – Pending approval…you would log into our team with a code, and you would be donating to the charity of your choice in her honor 🙂 I will let you know as soon as I hear from the organization.)
- Start walking, running, or biking (you’ll choose one on the app.)
- $0.25/mile will be donated for walking on running or $0.10/mile will be donated for biking.
I hope this inspires you to continue to be active or even more active! I’m already considering going for a walk (or run) just to try out this new app and donate to a charity!
Fit for Life! It’s a lifestyle change.