My sister, Kelsey, and I recently modified a recipe.
If you know me at all, aliens have not invaded my body. It is a well-known fact that I don’t hate cooking, but it’s not my favorite thing to do. (It’s mostly the cleaning up part that I hate.)
I don’t know the specific calories of this recipe, and I’m not a dietician, but all signs point to this being a healthy chicken recipe, and it was yummy! So, I had to share.
Things you need:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
(as many as you need)
- Salsa (we chose mild)
- Corn (drained)
- Beans (black, red, pink, purple, polka dots, any kind you like…or all of them)
- Taco seasoning mix
- Shredded cheese (optional – we just added a small amount of mild cheddar at the end)
- Spinach lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 355′ F.
- Lightly paste the chicken with taco seasoning mix.
- Put tinfoil in an 8 x 11 pan and put a small layer of salsa (tinfoil for easy cleaning…I’m all about cooking meals that are fast and easy).
- Place the chicken on the salsa and add a small amount of salsa on top of each piece of chicken.
- After draining the corn, add a spoonful or so, on top of each piece of chicken.
- We cooked the beans separately and added them to the dish at the end.
- Bake for about 50 minutes (may take less time).
- Take out, and add your spoonful of shredded cheese (any kind you like but we used mild cheddar).
- I did a layer of spinach lettuce on our plates and then placed the chicken on top.
- We added the beans to the side of the chicken and on the lettuce.
- If you would like, you could add: guacamole, light sour cream, green onions, etc.
P.S. I am not even close to being a Martha Stewart and I typed this really quickly, so if I skipped a step or this recipe doesn’t turn out………..it’s all your fault. Ha! 🙂