190 calories per serving – this recipe makes 2 servings!
- 1 whole-wheat pita bread, cut into halves
- 2 0r more leaves of romaine lettuce
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 2 thin slices of red onion
- 2-oz. reduced-fat smoked provolone cheese
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Toast the pita bread halves in the toaster and open the pockets.
Divide the lettuce, basil, tomato, onion and cheese, and layer between the 2 halves.
Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition analysis per serving:
190 calories, 7 g total fat (4 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 g monounsaturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 24 g total carbohydrate (4 g dietary fiber, 3 g sugars), 12 g protein