This has been on my mind for a while…
There are people who will find that Zumba Gold (please read previous post) will NOT fit their needs (yes, I’m hoping to start this class very soon), but these very same people may not be comfortable to come to our regularly scheduled Zumba classes either.
First of all, I want to let you know that I understand why you might feel this way. I would be in the same boat.
I have been listening to your thoughts and comments…and what I hear is the following:
- I want to come to Zumba but…
- I am not coordinated.
- I can’t dance.
- I won’t be able to keep up with everyone else.
- I am a little intimidated (for lack of a better word) by the size of the classes.
- I can’t dance for an hour.
- I won’t know all the moves.
- I’m out of shape.
And I’m really tempted to say, “Just come and dance. You’ll be fine! You can do it! The great thing is you can modify all of the moves to make it work for you. You won’t even realize an hour has gone by…”
Because, really, all of the above is true.
BUT – I’m not going to say the above to you.
Because I hear you.
…here are my thoughts after hosting the beginner’s class.
I would like to try something new.
I would like to offer a special limited-size session of classes – called Zumba (Introduction/Beginner’s).
It would include:
- Dancing for 45 minutes.
- Potentially on a Saturday morning?
- Limited size (number of participants).
- A playlist of songs that repeats throughout the session (I wouldn’t change it up or rotate as often as I do in my other Zumba classes).
- The session would last 6 weeks long.
- Places would have to be reserved and payment would hold your place for the 6 weeks.
Right away, I’m thinking about several things…
1. What if someone decides they don’t need the Saturday sessions after a couple of weeks?
Answer: They could transfer their 6 week pre-paid punchcard to the “regular” Zumba classes offered. Then, a place would open up for another beginner on Saturday mornings.
2. What if someone decides they want to do BOTH the special Saturday sessions and drop into the other Zumba classes as well?
Answer: That’s wonderful! The only thing is the special punchcard that was paid for in advance for Saturdays could only be used on Saturdays.
3. What if someone could not make a Saturday they paid for in advance?
Answer: They would have to lose that punch (or maybe they could send another beginner in their place for that one session).
I would really love to hear your thoughts, opinions, questions, etc.
If you’re interested, please let me know. This class would be a first come, first serve basis.
Thank you! I’m excited to hear what you have to say…