- 1 cup 100% bran cereal
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3 T canola oil
- 1 cup fat-free, lemon-flavored yogurt (contains artificial sweetener)
- 1 T grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 T poppy seeds
- 3 tsp. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8-by-8 inch pan with cooking spray.
3. Combine the bran cereal, milk, oil, yogurt and lemon peel together in a large bowl. Set the mixture aside for at least 5 minutes.
4. Stir flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and baking soda together. Add poppy seeds to mix.
5. Add the flour mixture to the bran mixture and stir until combined.
6. Spread evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool the cake and dust with powdered sugar.
Nutrition analysis per serving:
170 calories, 5 g total fat (0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 3 g monounsaturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 28 g total carbohydrates (3 g dietary fiber, 11 g sugars), 4 g protein.
Recipe and information courtesy of: MESSA.