Answers to Common Questions.
- When can I attend your class(es)? Whenever there is a time scheduled on the Zumba with Royale calendar.
- I want you to come to Zumba when it fits YOUR schedule. I have chosen large venues to accommodate everyone who would like to come for each class I offer. I have never turned anyone away due to overcrowding. A few times, I almost had to limit the size of the class, because I was having a difficult time finding a large enough space to rent. I have been fortunate enough to secure locations that fit large crowds. Large crowds = fantastic energy = a great time!
- How much does it cost to attend? Your first class is FREE! This does not apply to fundraisers or special classes/events. Also, you must be a resident of Houghton or Keweenaw County.
- The choice to offer your first class free is somewhat controversial in the world of Zumba instructors. It was my choice to offer your first class at no charge, because I am confident that you will have so much fun that you will want to come back. (Please note that this is likely not the norm when you go to other Zumba classes. Even though, I believe locally, this may now be the norm.)
- How much does it cost after the first class? After your first class, you may drop in for $7. If you want to make more of a commitment, you can buy a punch card for $36 (6 classes @ $6/time) or $50 (10 classes @ $5/time). High school students may pay $5 (with proof of ID).
- When does my punch card expire? 6 months.
- In that time frame, I will have offered close to (or greater than) 96 classes. If something unusual or unexpected arises, please talk to me.
- What if I decide I don’t want to come anymore, can I give my punch card to someone else?
- Sorry. Punch cards are non-transferable. (Besides, you’ll have too much fun to want to give your card away!)
- Why don’t you offer sessions like other fitness classes? Again, I want you to come to class at your convenience! I want people dancing (working out) when they can!
- I considered running 6 – 8 week sessions when I first ventured out on my own and moved my classes from a gym in Houghton to an independent location in Laurium, but at the time, very few people had even heard of Zumba. Also, I know that in today’s world people are busy. Period. I want you to make your fitness a priority, but I don’t want to lock people into (or out of) 6 – 8 weeks of classes. I think there are pros and cons to either way (dropping in or running sessions), but I hope that I am able to accommodate more people by NOT offering sessions at this time. Will I change classes to sessions in the future? I don’t think so. But if I do begin to run special classes like Zumba Gold and Zumba Toning, I may decide to have people reserve their places in sessions. Also, if I lost large rental locations, I would also have to consider sessions.
- Where can I attend a class? I currently offer classes in both Calumet and Hancock. The Calumet classes are currently on the 2nd floor of the Calumet Colosseum. The Hancock classes are either at Barkell Elementary School or Hancock Middle School (attached to the high school). (Previously, I was at the schools in Calumet, but due to numerous scheduling conflicts, I am currently not offering classes at the school.)
- When are classes? I try to keep the schedule consistent to Tuesdays and Thursday in Calumet and Wednesdays and Sundays in Hancock; however, due to rental and personal scheduling conflicts, these times vary. I always try to offer 4 classes a week – 2 in Calumet and 2 in Hancock.
- Where can I find your calendar? It is always under “NOTES” on the Facebook page (Zumba with Royale – please press LIKE). Also, please send me an email (email@example.com), and I will email you the monthly calendar (and special events). You are also welcome to take as many calendars you need that I have printed and available in class.
- How do I know if you cancel a class? I will post as soon as I know on Facebook (Zumba with Royale) and send an email (even though due to volume of the size of my emails this has caused issues in the past – hotmail has blocked me at times). Often, I can not put up a poster at the location. Cancellations are rare. I make a commitment to you. Your time is valuable! If you’re curious, call me! I wish I could call each of you individually, but it just isn’t possible.
- Why aren’t any classes in the morning or during the afternoon? I work full-time during the day. I may add different times during the summer.
- Will you add any specialties in the future? Yes, I plan on offering Zumba Gold (please read yesterday’s post) and other classes in the future.
- Can we “rent you” for special events? Of course. Please contact me with any questions. Bachelorette parties, Girls Night Out, Birthdays, Just Because, fundraisers, etc. (*Please note that due to an increase in requests to host fundraisers, I am working on a policy for hosting them in the future.)
As always, please check Zumba with Royale for up-to-date information. Or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.