70 + 30 = …

70 + 30 = 100% Zumba Fitness ©

If you’ve been to a Zumba Fitness © class, you know it’s an hour long.

In all reality, if you are enjoying yourself…then if you want to, you can stop reading right here.

I’m about to give you an inside scoop on the music selection, so if you are the slightest bit curious…

Many people do not realize is that Zumba Fitness © requires 70% of the songs to be either Latin or Worldly Music and the other 30% is up to the individual instructor.

The 30% allows the instructor to give the class their own “FLAVA” (flavor).

That is why every Zumba class should be similar (Zumba Fitness© songs) YET very different (instructor choice and choreography).

Some of the traditional dances that are used in a Zumba Fitness © are (but are not limited to): merengue, salsa, reggaeton, cumbia, quebradita, calypso, bellydancing, mambo, cha-cha, hip hop, etc.

Zumba uses the traditional dance steps to create basic fitness moves so everyone can participate and follow.

Zumba also uses interval training (alternating high intensity and low intensity dance routines throughout the hour) ~ again, so everyone can participate and follow ~ from the person in class for the first time to the person who is more advanced.

Remember, it is a great idea to check out different classes and different instructors.

Find the class that works for you!  In other words, find an instructor with your flava! (And always make sure that you are attending a class that is safe.)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s